- Read more: Why does Westward Ho have a Pebble Ridge?
If you’ve ever visited Westward Ho Beach in North Devon, you may have noticed a fascinating feature, a long pile of pebbles known as the pebble ridge. In this article, we’ll explore the origins of this unique landform and why it’s so important to the local community. Two Miles Long, But New? The pebble ridge…
- Read more: Bideford to Westward Ho! (and vice versa)
Bideford and Westward Ho! are beautiful towns in Devon, England. Bideford is a historic port town on the River Torridge, known for its maritime heritage. Westward Ho! on the other hand is a seaside resort with a vast sandy beach. Both towns offer outdoor activities like coastal walks and water sports. Bideford is a gateway…
- Read more: Must-Visit Dog-Friendly Cafes in Westward Ho!
If you love spending time with your four-legged friends while enjoying great food and drinks, you’re in the right place. In this local guide, we’ll take you through the best dog-friendly cafes in Westward Ho!, a beautiful coastal town known for its stunning beaches and the warm embrace of our four-legged friends. Whether you’re a…
- Read more: Top Surfing Spots in North Devon: A Local’s Guide
North Devon, a gem in the Southwest of England, is a premier surfing destination for the UK. With its stunning beaches and variety of waves, it’s perfect for surfers of all skill levels. North Devon has absolutely stellar surfing beaches and in this comprehensive, local’s guide, we cover ALL of the surfing beaches here in…
- Read more: The Wetsuit Story: From Creation to Eco-Friendly Innovations
Seeing as North Devon is a mecca for surfing in the United Kingdom, in this blog post, we’ll dive into the fascinating history of wetsuits, exploring their inception, key contributors to their success, and design evolution over time. We also discuss future trends and improvements to designs and materials in the wetsuit industry. As these…
- Read more: A Deep Dive Into Surfing History
Have you ever wondered how it all started? Well, let’s go back in time and discover the roots of this amazing sport. Surfing has been around for centuries, with its origins traced back to ancient Polynesia. The people of Polynesia, including places like Hawaii, were the first to ride the waves on specially crafted boards.…
- Read more: From Past to Present: How the Surfboard Has Evolved
Take a fascinating journey through the evolution of surfboards, from their ancient roots in Polynesia to the modern designs we see today. Learn about the trailblazers, craftsmen, and innovators who have shaped surf culture and made important contributions to the materials, shapes, and styles of surfboards. Discover the science behind how surfboards work in the…
- Read more: 9 Essential Tips for Prolonging Your Wetsuit’s Life
Taking care of your wetsuit is a fundamental aspect of surfing, particularly in the challenging waters of North Devon. This region is renowned for its dynamic surf spots, which inevitably put your gear to the test. Ensuring that your wetsuit is in peak condition can make all the difference between an exhilarating ride on the…
- Read more: Where Tails Wag, Drinks Flow: BEST Dog-Friendly Pubs in Westward Ho!
Dogs are an integral part of our families, and when we go on holiday, we want to include them in our adventures. That’s why we’ve put together this locals guide to help you find the best dog-friendly pubs in Westward Ho!, ensuring that your pet can join you in enjoying a pint or a delicious…
- Read more: Exploring the Majestic Kipling Tors: A Nature Lover’s Paradise
Welcome to the breathtaking beauty of Kipling Tors in Bideford Bay, Devon. This hidden gem is located in the stunning landscape of Bideford Bay and Hartland in Devon, England, offering a perfect getaway for nature enthusiasts and avid hikers. Located in the picturesque region of Bideford Bay, Kipling Tors is a nature lover’s paradise in…
Recent Blog Posts
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Absolutely Avoid Putsborough
- 11 Reasons Why You Should Absolutely Avoid Croyde
- Visitors Guide to Combe Martin
- Visitors Guide to Ilfracombe
- Visitors Guide to Croyde
- Visitors Guide to Woolacombe
- Why does Westward Ho have a Pebble Ridge?
- The Appledore-Instow Ferry: A Journey Through Time
- 9 Places Not to MISS OUT on when Travelling to Bideford
- Bideford to Barnstaple (and vice versa)
Things to See & Do