- Read more: A Scenic Walk Through Bideford, North Devon – A Virtual Tour
Welcome to a virtual tour of the town of Bideford in North Devon! This blog post follows a YouTube video, where we’ll explore the beautiful sights and attractions that Bideford has to offer. Perfect for tourists or anyone interested in discovering this charming town, we’ve provided timestamps with additional information on each location, so you…
- Read more: A Journey Through Time: Discover Bideford’s Impressive Long Bridge
Dive into Bideford’s Long Bridge, a significant historical landmark in North Devon. Understand its design specifications, timeline of events, and investments made to maintain it.
- Read more: Appledore, a “Must See” Village Near Bideford
Rich maritime heritage of Appledore, Devon in this informative guide. Learn about the village’s fascinating history, from its Viking past to its thriving port in the Elizabethan era. Explore the local attractions, from the Appledore Shipbuilders to the maritime museum, and enjoy a taste of Hocking’s Ice Cream, a delicious brand unique to North Devon.
- Read more: Bideford’s connection to the South West Coast Path
Learn about Bideford’s Connection to the South West Coast Path and its impact on the town’s history, culture, and economy. Discover how conservation efforts have helped protect the area’s unique habitats and wildlife.
- Read more: The Influence of the River Torridge on Bideford
Explore the influence of the River Torridge on Bideford, a historic town situated on its banks in North Devon. Learn how the river has shaped the town’s past and present, from early trade and commerce to the construction of iconic bridges. Discover the recreational activities and tourist attractions offered by the river and experience the…
- Read more: Recovering the Bideford Witches (Book)
The Bideford Witches were three women accused of witchcraft in Bideford, England. They were punished for something they probably didn’t do, becoming the last group of women to be executed for witchcraft in England. John Callow’s book “The Last Witches of England” explores the changing reputation of these women, who are now seen as heroes…
- Read more: The Role of Bideford in the English Civil War
Learn about the important role of Bideford in the English Civil War with our insightful blog post. Explore the historical significance of this Devon town and its contributions to the conflict that shaped England’s history.
- Read more: The Impact of Tourism on Bideford’s Economy
The economic benefits and potential negative effects of tourism in Bideford, North Devon. Learn about the town’s history, key tourist attractions, and the impact of tourism on job creation, local businesses, and infrastructural development. Find out how Bideford is taking a sustainable approach to tourism and how you can help support the town’s prosperity.
- Read more: Bideford’s Role in the Tobacco Trade: A Pivotal Chapter in Maritime History
Dive into Bideford’s fascinating role in the tobacco trade, from its connection to Sir Walter Raleigh to the impact on the town’s economy and maritime history. Learn about Bideford’s global influence and its transition to other industries as the tobacco trade waned.
- Read more: Bideford’s Shipbuilding Legacy: A Historical Overview
Explore Bideford’s rich shipbuilding legacy, from its days as a bustling port and shipbuilding hub to its continued engagement in maritime commerce. Learn about the town’s prominent shipbuilders, notable ships, and the impact of shipbuilding on its history and culture.
Recent Blog Posts
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Absolutely Avoid Putsborough
- 11 Reasons Why You Should Absolutely Avoid Croyde
- Visitors Guide to Combe Martin
- Visitors Guide to Ilfracombe
- Visitors Guide to Croyde
- Visitors Guide to Woolacombe
- Why does Westward Ho have a Pebble Ridge?
- The Appledore-Instow Ferry: A Journey Through Time
- 9 Places Not to MISS OUT on when Travelling to Bideford
- Bideford to Barnstaple (and vice versa)
Things to See & Do